COVID-19 updates: Free vaccine clinics
Dale Street Reconstruction
Dale Street is being reconstructed between Iglehart and University avenues in Saint Paul in 2020 and 2021. The $14.7 million project included reconstructing and widening the bridge over Interstate 94. Based upon extensive input from the neighborhood, the new concept:
- Improves safety for all.
- Includes reconfigured through lanes and left turn lanes to accommodate traffic volumes and allow for better traffic flow.
- Widens sidewalks to provide a safer passage for pedestrians and bicyclists in all seasons.
- Features public art that reflects and celebrates the Rondo community.
Pedestrian improvements include enhanced crossings, wider sidewalks and a gentler slope approaching I-94 from University Avenue.
Project partners include the City of Saint Paul and the Minnesota Department of Transportation. The project is identified as a priority in the City of Saint Paul’s Comprehensive Plan.
Construction resumed June 14. Work in 2021 will focus on phase three – reconstructing Dale Street between Iglehart and Concordia avenues. There will also be occasional work between Concordia and University avenues for work on traffic signals and other smaller projects.
Dale Street reopened to traffic between Carroll and Iglehart avenues in early August.
In the upcoming weeks, you can expect to see crews throughout the project area working on landscaping, clean up and other remaining construction items. Clean up and other site work will last through fall.
- Current – Phase three: Reconstruct Dale Street between Iglehart and Concordia avenues.
- Completed in 2020:
- Phase one (March-July): Rebuild the east (northbound) side of Dale Street between Carroll and University avenues, including removing and reconstructing the east side of the I-94 bridge.
- Phase two (July-November): Rebuild the west (southbound) side of Dale Street between Carroll and University avenues, including removing and reconstructing the west side of the I-94 bridge.
Detours and closures
Dale Street has reopened to traffic. Short-term lane closures may be in place during site cleanup in the weeks ahead.