COVID-19 updates: Free vaccine clinics
Lexington Avenue Reconstruction
Lexington Avenue will be reconstructed from County Road E to I-694 in the cities of Arden Hills and Shoreview in 2022 to improve traffic flow and safety for all users. The project will include:
- Replacing aging and deteriorating pavement.
- Replacing traffic signals. A new traffic signal will be installed at the Target access road intersection.
- Improving pedestrian and bicycle facilities.
- Adding a center median to increase safety for road users.
- Improving utilities in the area including water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer and water treatment.
This project is being planned in partnership with the cities of Arden Hills and Shoreview and the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
Work is underway.
The project will be completed in three phases from April – November 2022:
- April to mid-July: Construction of northbound lanes and utility work in Arden Hills (east side of Lexington Avenue).
- Mid-July to early October: Construction of southbound lanes and utility work in Shoreview (west side Lexington Avenue).
- October to November: Medians, turn lanes and site cleanup.
Timelines may shift due to weather and other factors. Continue to check the project website for schedule updates and subscribe to roadwork emails for current project news.
Northbound traffic closure and detour
Lexington Avenue is closed to all northbound traffic. A signed detour is in place using County Road E, Victoria Street and I-694. The closure is expected to last through late June.
Lexington Avenue remains open to southbound traffic. Traffic is reduced to one lane. Dedicated turn lanes are available at the I-694 ramps.
This closure was not part of the original project plan. As work has gotten underway, the project team discovered this closure is necessary to relocate utilities while reconstructing the northbound lanes. After this phase is complete, Lexington Avenue should remain open to one lane of traffic in each direction as originally planned.
Business and residential access
All business and residential access will be maintained.
Business access is available from northbound Lexington Avenue using County Road E, Snelling Avenue, Grey Fox Road and Dunlap Street.
Thank you for your patience. Please drive safely, follow all signs in the construction area and be prepared for delays.