Statement of Net Position
The Statement of Net Position presents financial information on all of the county's capital and current assets, minus the current liabilities and long-term debt. The resulting amount is stated as "net position."
|Total current and other assets||$796,911,546||$562,936,675||$565,691,341||$547,284,700||$521,171,153|
|Total capital assets||$877,378,313||$859,297,510||$842,598,276||$840,614,525||$839,490,104|
|Total current liabilities||$100,001,515||$97,084,143||$116,291,713||$100,048,467||$117,045,398|
|Total non-current liabilities||$788,678,172||$535,901,911||$336,241,048||$341,878,828||$319,181,727|
|Net investment in capital assets||$654,540,159||$649,693,002||$624,056,790||$624,585,832||$613,754,846|
|Total net position||$785,610,172||$797,815,502||*$788,006,950||$945,971,930||$924,434,132|
Assets and liabilities
- Total assets increased 23 percent over the past five years, primarily due to the increase in current and other assets over this period.
- Total liabilities increased 104 percent over the past five years, due largely to changes in disclosure policies related to pension liabilities (see GASB 68).
Net investments in capital assets
- Capital assets increased 4.5 percent over the past five years.
- Infrastructure and equipment was the key driver of the increase in capital assets.
- Capital assets: The county's land, building, equipment, improvements, infrastructure and construction in process, net of accumulated depreciation.
- Net position: The difference between assets and liabilities, of which may or may not be available for future spending.
- Net investment in capital assets: Represents the county's investment in its capital assets less accumulated depreciation and any outstanding debt attributable to the acquisition, construction or improvement of these assets.
- Unrestricted net position: Represents the difference between assets and liabilities not restricted for use.
* - Due to required implementation of GASB 68 2014 ending net position was restated. Please see 2015 CAFR (PDF) for more information.