Updated park ordinance goes into effect April 8
On April 8, 2022, the updated Ramsey County park ordinance will go into effect. Ramsey County Parks & Recreation operates all parks and facilities under an ordinance that all park users must adhere to. The ordinance is designed to ensure a safe experience for park users and the general public.
The ordinance (park rules) was adopted in 1992 and last amended in 2007. The current revision makes the rules more equitable, fair and modern allowing for greater access to resources and decriminalizing minor infractions like walking on a ski trail or picnicking in the wrong spot.
Key changes include:
- New park hours: 5 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Regional trails open 24/7 for travel.
- Allowing adaptive recreation options for those with disabilities.
- Expanded snowshoe access in parks.
- Changed misdemeanor penalties (maximum of a $1,000 fine and 90 days in jail) to administrative citations ($50-300).
Learn more about the ordinance revision project.