Ramsey County Elections reviews and accepts petitions based on statutory guidelines according to jurisdiction and appropriate form requirements. Information on types of petitions and petition forms are presented below in PDF unless otherwise noted.
Considering filing a petition and need more information on the timeline, signature threshold and more? Email us with any questions!
|Jurisdiction||Type of petition||Signatures needed in 2021|
|Saint Paul||Petition in lieu of filing fee||500 signatures*|
|Saint Paul||Initiative or referendum petition||4,958 signatures**|
*signatures for filing fee petitions in Saint Paul may be collected between 6/15/2021 and 8/10/2021 according to Saint Paul Code, Ch. 76.02.
**based on 8% of first-choice votes cast in the 2017 Saint Paul mayoral election
- Ramsey County's procedures for inspecting petitions
- Questions and answers on circulating and submitting a petition
- Filing fee petition form
- Ramsey County Charter Amendment Petition
- Saint Paul Referendum Petition Sample
- Saint Paul Charter Amendment Petition
- Saint Paul Initiative Petition
- Saint Paul Recall Petition