Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Toolkit
Ramsey County: partnering with you to improve our community’s healthcare readiness
Saint Paul - Ramsey County Public Health and Ramsey County Emergency Management and Homeland Security are working closely with the Metro Health and Medical Preparedness Coalition to support your facility’s emergency planning and response.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) has established new requirements for Medicare and Medicaid participating providers and suppliers. These requirements help us improve our emergency coordination by supporting relationships across public and private agencies across Ramsey County.
The following list of resources will help you navigate these new rules and assure that your agency is better prepared for a local emergency or disaster.
- CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule
- CMS Emergency Preparedness General Resources
- Healthcare Coalitions Across Minnesota
- Ramsey County Hazard Analysis (Mitigation Plan)
Incident command for healthcare
- ICS 100.HCB (FEMA online course- Introduction to the Incident Command System for Healthcare/Hospitals)
- ICS 200 (FEMA online course- Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations)
Facility emergency planning guidance and examples
- Checklist for long-term care facilities
- After Action Report template
- Emergency sheltering, relocation, and evacuation for healthcare facilities template plan (Minnesota Department of Health)
- Minnesota Long-Term Care Preparedness Toolkit (Minnesota Department of Health)
- Emergency Operations Plan Development Guide and Template for Extended Care facilities (South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control)
- Emergency Preparedness for Long term and Assisted Living facilities resource page (Wisconsin Department of Health Services)
- Emergency Action Plan guidance (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Emergency Action Plan guidance (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
Health Alert Notification (HAN) system
Saint Paul - Ramsey County Public Health works closely with the Minnesota Department and local health departments statewide to coordinate the Health Alert Notification (HAN) system. This system enables information exchange between state and local health networks, including healthcare facilities. To learn more or request that your facility be added to our HAN, email firstname.lastname@example.org.