Launched in 2013, our Veterans Court is a joint effort designed to recognize that veterans may be struggling as a result of their service to our country and those collateral consequences may have contributed to their contact with the criminal justice system. We collaborate to identify eligible veterans who have been charged with a crime and connect them to the services they’ve earned to address any underlying problems they may be experiencing.
Our collective mission is to promote public safety through enhanced supervision and individual accountability. Together, we work to assist and support veterans by coordinating our response through collaboration with the Veterans Administration, community-based services and the criminal justice system.
The Ramsey County Veterans Court is a collaborative effort involving:
- Ramsey County Attorney's Office.
- Veterans Administration.
- Ramsey County Veterans Services.
- Ramsey County Community Corrections.
- Saint Paul City Attorney's Office.
- Ramsey County Public Defender's Office.
- Project Remand.
- Ramsey County Community Human Services.
- Second Judicial District.
- Other community partners.