The Sheriff’s Office is requesting public comments and input regarding the use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs or drones). Potential uses in Ramsey County, to support community and public safety goals, include:
- Assisting in the search for missing children and adults, including those with special needs and tendencies to wander.
- Providing support during water or public area searches, rescues, and recoveries.
- Locating missing or stolen property.
- Supporting crime prevention goals.
- Help prevent the loss of life and property in natural or man-made disasters.
View the Draft Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Policy (pdf).
Ways to Comment
There are several ways to submit public comments and input.
Comments can be mailed to:
Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office
Attention: Public Comments
425 Grove Street
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55101
Comments can also be emailed to:
Comments can be submitted electronically with the form below: