County beaches open Memorial Day weekend
Plan a trip to the beach! Ramsey County beaches open May 28 — just in time for Memorial Day weekend. Buoys will be set out at the nine beaches to designate swim areas.
Lifeguard services will start June 12 at Lake McCarrons County Park. Lifeguards will be on duty noon–8 p.m. Thursdays–Sundays through August 15, weather permitting.
COVID-19 and safety information
Call 911 in case of an emergency as lifeguards will not be present.
Since surfaces at public beaches are not cleaned or sanitized, residents will be using the sand play area and beach at their own risk.
For the health and safety of yourself and others:
- Stay home if you are sick or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath.
- Avoid crowded areas. If the play/beach area is full, plan to return another time.
- Keep your distance. Maintain at least six feet between yourself and others at all times, especially while using indoor restroom facilities.
- Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue or sleeve and not your hand.
- Sanitize hands frequently and immediately after swimming.
- Do not wear masks while swimming or in the water.
- Restrooms are available and will be sanitized/cleaned by 11 a.m. each day.
- Water fountains at parks remain off. Please plan ahead by bringing drinking water with you.
- Shower towers will be turned on and beach patrons are encouraged to use them for rinsing off.