Hours and season
Beaches open May 27 and are open until Labor Day.
Beach hours are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes past sunset.
Lifeguards are on duty at Lake McCarrons beach Thursday-Sunday, noon-8 p.m. All other beaches are unguarded. Call 911 in case of an emergency.
Swimmer's itch has been reported at Lake Johanna in Tony Schmidt Regional Park. If you swim or wade in the lake, rinse off at the beach shower immediately after leaving the water.
Buoys designating the swim areas will be out from May 27–Labor Day.
- Lake Gervais County Park
- Lake Josephine County Park
- Lake McCarrons County Park
- Lake Owasso County Park
- Long Lake Regional Park
- Tony Schmidt Regional Park
- Turtle Lake County Park
- Vadnais-Snail Lakes Regional Park
- White Bear Lake County Park
- Swimming is permitted at designated beach areas only.
- Proper swimming attire is required.
- Glass bottles or containers are prohibited.
- Grilling is not permitted in the beach area.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets are allowed, and must be properly worn. No inflatables or buoyant objects.
- Pets are not allowed in the beach areas.
Group beach use
Groups looking to organize an event at a guarded Ramsey County beach must secure a Reservation Permit (PDF). Requests must be made at least two weeks prior to the event date and are available on a first-come, first served basis. Groups are free to use unguarded beaches at their own risk.
Beach water quality
Ramsey County regularly tests beaches for water quality during beach season each year. Visit the Open Data Portal to learn more about the most commonly tested for contaminant - E. coli.