During the summer, it’s time to hit the beach at one of Ramsey County's nine public beach locations.
Hours and season
Beach season is Memorial Day–Labor Day.
Beach hours are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes past sunset.
Lifeguards will be on duty noon–8 p.m. Thursdays–Sundays until August 15, weather permitting.
Lifeguard services are not provided at these locations. Buoys designating the swim areas will be out from Memorial Day–Labor Day. Call 911 in case of an emergency.
- Lake Gervais County Park
- Lake Josephine County Park
- Lake Owasso County Park
- Long Lake Regional Park
- Tony Schmidt Regional Park
- Turtle Lake County Park
- Vadnais-Snail Lakes Regional Park
- White Bear Lake County Park
- Swimming is permitted at designated beach areas only.
- Proper swimming attire is required.
- Glass bottles or containers are prohibited.
- Grilling is not permitted in the beach area.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets are allowed, and must be properly worn. No inflatables or buoyant objects.
- Pets are not allowed in the beach areas.
Group beach use
Groups looking to organize an event at a guarded Ramsey County beach must secure a Reservation Permit (PDF). Requests must be made at least two weeks prior to the event date and are available on a first-come, first served basis. Lake McCarrons County beach will have lifeguards staffed. Other beach locations are unguarded.
A concessions stand is available at Long Lake beach.
Beach water quality
Ramsey County regularly tests beaches for water quality during beach season each year. Visit the Open Data Portal to learn more about the most commonly tested for contaminant - E. coli.