Volunteer with SOS Sexual Violence Services
SOS Sexual Violence Services of Saint Paul - Ramsey County Public Health is currently seeking volunteers to staff the 24-hour crisis line during nights and weekends. Public Health provides free, extensive training to volunteers.
SOS Sexual Violence Services provides free and confidential services for victims of sexual violence, their partners, families and other concerned persons. This includes 24-hour crisis counseling and support, follow-up services, safety planning and medical and legal advocacy. View SOS volunteer responsibilities
Join the next training
The next training will begin October 14, 2023. This training will be run as a hybrid training, including pre-recorded sessions to be completed individually and live training sessions. Pre-recorded content will include recorded training sessions, readings and engagement quizzes. This content will be available to be completed September 15 - October 14.
Live sessions begin on October 14 and run through October 28, 2023:
- Saturday, Oct. 14 (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.) at 90 Plato Blvd. W, St Paul, MN 55107
- Tuesday, Oct. 17 (6 - 8:30 p.m.) on Zoom
- Thursday, Oct. 19 (6 - 8:30 p.m.) on Zoom
- Saturday, Oct. 21 (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.) at 90 Plato Blvd. W, St Paul, MN 55107
- Tuesday, Oct. 24 (6 - 8:30 p.m.) on Zoom
- Thursday, Oct. 26 (6 - 8:30 p.m) on Zoom
- Saturday, Oct. 28 (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.) at 90 Plato Blvd W, St Paul, MN 55107
The 40-hour volunteer training meets state requirements to work or volunteer as a sexual assault advocate in Minnesota. This free and detailed training will cover basic knowledge and skills regarding sexual violence including advocacy skills, disrupting rape culture and the legal process.
Please complete the volunteer application and reach out with any questions.