COVID-19 Racial Equity & Community Engagement
Advancing racial and health equity and effective community engagement is an integral part of Ramsey County's COVID-19 response. The Racial Equity and Community Engagement Response Team (RECERT) was formed in April 2020 to help inform the county's response and provide critical links between county operations and the residents we serve.
Trusted messenger and media partnerships
RECERT is partnering with community organizations to ensure Ramsey County’s diverse racial, ethnic and cultural communities are informed about coronavirus, services and resources available during the COVID-19 pandemic.
A Mask for Everyone initiative
A Mask for Everyone is an initiative to ensure that individuals and families, specifically racially, ethnically and culturally diverse communities, have access to a homemade mask and accurate information about masks and how to use them to slow the spread of COVID-19.
RECERT is also rewarding contracts to community agencies and individuals to make masks.
During the COVID-19 response, RECERT publishes a periodic check-in report with the following:
- Updates on work tasks during the past week that relate to the team’s areas of focus.
- Create a proposal of work for the week ahead that relates to the team’s areas of focus, with descriptions for how the team will work with the Incident Management Team and the rest of Ramsey County to make progress on each work task.
- Highlight areas of significant community concern that will require attention.
- Outline areas of progress that provide opportunities for future momentum.
Summaries are available in PDF format.
- Racial Equity and Community Engagement Team updated five - work summary for the period of June 20-July 3, approved July 15
- Racial Equity and Community Engagement Team update four - approved for the period of June 14-27
- Racial Equity and Community Engagement Team update three - approved for the period of May 15-29
- Racial Equity and Community Engagement Team update two - approved for the period of April 27-May 4
- Racial Equity and Community Engagement Team update one - approved for the period of April 20-27