Service alert - COVID-19
- Appointments are required for birth records.
- Walk-in service is not available.
- Call 651-266-1333 to schedule an appointment.
- We will continue to process birth record requests by mail.
You may request birth records by mail or in person. The types of records available are:
- Certified and non-certified birth records for Ramsey County (approximately 1870 to present).
- Certified birth records for all counties in Minnesota (1935 to present).
- Noncertified records for all counties in Minnesota (2000 to present).
Certified birth records
You must have tangible interest in the subject
If a record is not available to the public you may be refused the record, even if you have tangible interest.
Price: $26 one copy
Each additional copy of same record: $19
Provided without tangible interest.
Price: $13 per copy