2016 Review: Strategic Team
The Strategic Team consists of the County Manager's Office, Chief Clerk’s Office, Finance, Human Resources and Policy & Planning. Together, these areas complement the work of each service team and provide leadership in areas unique to countywide policies and plans.
Highlights of the team's work in 2016 include:
- The Chief Clerk's Office coordinated administrative efforts within the County Manager’s Office to keep the county on track week after week with organizing agendas, meetings and policy presentations for the board of commissioners.
- Through partnership with Property Management and other county departments, Procurement vastly exceeded goals (PDF) to expand contracting opportunities with small, local businesses.
- Working with Human Resources, Policy & Planning and other departments, Finance also led the launch of an innovative Fellowship Program.
- Policy & Planning led strategic planning efforts with the service teams to align the county's work with the county’s vision, mission and goals through the 2016 Strategic Plan (PDF) and published Community Indicators that provide transparent measurement against these goals.
- Finance staff continued their decades-long streak of earning awards from the prestigious Government Finance Officers Association and led the county to again receive the highest possible bond rating.
- The county advanced its Racial Equity work through multiple educational working sessions with the Senior Management Team and a half-day session focused on the topic for scores of county leaders.
- In addition to filling hundreds of positions and orienting all new employees, Human Resources staff helped the county to enroll in benefit choices and provided countless professional development opportunities – many through the newly-launched Learning and Development Center. Staff also produced the annual Support Staff conference and published the annual Workforce Statistics Report (PDF).