College Student Internships
We are committed to providing college students exposure to professional careers in the justice system. These positions are a great opportunity to learn more about working in a public law office, may qualify for college credit, and will look great on a resume.
Paid summer internships
- Each summer, we hire college students as interns to work up to 20 hours per week from June through August in various units within our office.
- The current salary for summer interns is $17.81 per hour.
- We occasionally offer paid student internships throughout the year.
- Our internships provide:
- exposure to the multiple facets of a law office;
- opportunities to learn from professionals about the justice system; and
- resume building experience supporting the daily functions of an office and working on special projects.
- We occasionally offer unpaid internships to students in paralegal or legal administrative assistant programs who have completed their first year of school or are in their second year of school.
- Check with your program director to see if your internship will qualify for school credit.
- We also have relationships with some Twin Cities area colleges, so check with your program director to see if they are working with a specific division within our office or apply with our office.
How to apply
- Send a completed application along with a resume, letter of interest, and school transcript copy to [email protected]. Please include what type of internship you are applying for in the subject line.
- You will be contacted by phone or email if more information is needed or you are selected for an interview.
- Last day to submit application for summer internships is February 28.