College Student Internships
We are committed to providing college students exposure to professional careers in the justice system. These positions are a great opportunity to learn more about working in a public law office, may qualify for college credit, and will look great on a resume.
Unpaid internships (Not accepting applications at this time)
Applications for unpaid internships are accepted on a rolling basis.
- We occasionally offer unpaid internships to students in Paralegal or Legal Administrative Assistant programs who have completed their first year of school or are in their second year of school.
- Check with your Program Director to see if your internship will qualify for school credit.
- We also have relationships with some Twin Cities area colleges, so check with your Program Director to see if they are working with a specific division within our office.
Paid summer internships (Not accepting applications at this time)
Applications for paid internships are accepted December 1 to February 28 with interviews scheduled in March.
- Each summer, we hire college students as interns to work up to 20 hours per week from June through August in various units within our office.
- The current salary for summer interns is $13.89 per hour.
- Our internships provide:
- exposure to the multiple facets of a law office;
- opportunities to learn from professionals about the criminal justice system; and
- resume building experience supporting the daily functions of an office and working on special projects.
How to apply (Not accepting applications at this time)
- Send a completed application along with a resume, letter of interest, and school transcript copy to [email protected], with “Unpaid Internship” or "Paid Summer Internship" in the subject line.
- You will be contacted by phone or email if more information is needed or you are selected for an interview.