A federal government shutdown will not immediately impact any Ramsey County services.
September 2023 is Workforce Development Month
On September 5, the Ramsey County Board of Commissioners proclaimed September as Workforce Development Month in Ramsey County. The board recognized the critical role that CareerForce and the local workforce development system play in preparing our residents for meaningful employment and meeting the workforce needs of the business community. They also honored county staff and the robust network of partner organizations dedicated to creating an inclusive workforce where all are welcome.
There are many resources available to job seekers and employers as well as events taking place throughout the month.
- Job Connect – a free job board for job seekers and employers.
- Workforce Training Dashboard – a catalog of free, community-based training programs.
- Workforce Partner Directory – a listing of local organizations providing workforce services.
- Ramsey Connected – low cost computer and internet resources.
- Community Career Labs - open to all job seekers to receive services in-person on a walk-in basis.
- Dislocated Worker Program - available to individuals who have lost their job through no fault of their own.
- Virtual Job Club - features five rotating topics and provides an opportunity for job seekers to learn and practice important job skills.
Events and workshops:
- Fair Opportunities Employment: Let's Get to Work! – Sept. 9, 11 a.m.–7:30 p.m.
- Employer of the Day - Roseville - Sept. 12, 19 and 26, 3–5 p.m.
- Seasoned Job Seeker Workshop - CareerForce – Sept. 13, 10-11 a.m.
- Back to School, Back to Work Job Fair – Sept.13, 2–5 p.m.
- Workforce Development Job Fair – Sept. 21, 1–4 p.m.
- Seasoned Job Seeker workshop - Hayden Heights – Sept. 27, 3–4 p.m.
- Employer of the Day - Maplewood - Sept. 14, 21 and 28, 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Trainer of the Day - Sept. 14, 21 and 28, 11 a.m.–1 p.m.