|Molecular/PCR test||Antigen/Rapid test|
Minnesota residents have several COVID-19 testing options, including self-testing, community testing locations, and some clinics, hospitals and pharmacies.
Rapid self-tests can be done anywhere. It is important to follow directions and use tests that are approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA has extended many COVID-19 Rapid Test expiration dates.
- September 25, 2023 - Residential households in the U.S. can order four free COVID-19 tests.
- Tests are updated to detect the presence of the latest variants.
- Tests have an extended shelf life and expiration dates.
State of Minnesota
- September 25, 2023 - Four free at-home rapid tests are available to all Minnesota households, while supplies last.
- Need help placing an order? Call the MDH COVID-19 Public hotline 1-833-431-2053 available Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Language assistance is available.
Community testing locations
Minneapolis - Phyllis Wheatley Community Center