Battle Creek Winter Recreation Area
The Battle Creek Winter Recreation Area will be the first winter recreation area with machine made snow in the East Metro. It will provide access to recreation for the surrounding community and serve as a regional, statewide and national draw as a premier cross-country ski facility. The Winter Recreation Area will provide mental and physical health benefits, youth development opportunities and connection to the natural world.
The Battle Creek Winter Recreation Area will provide reliable snow in winter for recreational skiers, professional and student athletes, and beginner skiers. A sledding hill with snowmaking will be free and open to the public.
Snowmaking equipment will:
- Extend the cross-country ski season to approximately 100 days.
- Provide the reliable snow necessary to host events and offer recreation even in low-snow years.
The project will provide:
- Snowmaking on a 2.5 km lighted cross-country ski trail and a sledding hill.
- An equipment/maintenance facility to support the snowmaking system operations and maintenance.
The total project cost is estimated at $5.6 million.
- Request for proposal process/Design-build team selection – February - May 2021.
- Design, estimating & community engagement – June - December 2021.
- Permitting, construction & commissioning – TBD.