Maryland Avenue: Greenbrier Street to Johnson Parkway
Maryland Avenue was reduced from a four-lane road to a three-lane road between Payne Avenue and Johnson Parkway in 2018 to improve safety conditions. Permanent medians were also added at Greenbrier and Duluth streets to eliminate crossing Maryland Avenue at these intersections.
The conversion was the result of a test project that ran from May 2017 through late winter 2018. During the test period, Ramsey County and the City of Saint Paul collected and analyzed data and also solicited community feedback from people who live, work and travel along Maryland Avenue. The project team evaluated the impact on traffic speed and volume, bus delays and pedestrian crossings.
Summaries and data collected by Ramsey County Public Works are provided in PDF format.
- Left turn delay at Walsh and Mendota
- Left turn delay on Maryland Ave.
- Travel times - Maryland Ave.
- Travel time and queue length - Maryland Ave.
- Crash history Maryland Ave. (updated)
- Vehicle and pedestrian counts
All files are in Excel format.
- Arlington Recreation Center event
- Golden Harvest event
- Interactive online map
- Online feedback form
- Online survey results and summary