Dislocated Worker Program
If you’ve lost employment or are out of work, Ramsey County can help you find what’s next. The Dislocated Worker program is available to individuals who have lost their job through no fault of their own, including impacts due to the COVID-19 pandemic. An employment counselor will help with job search services, career counseling and training opportunities so you can step back into the workforce with confidence.
The Dislocated Worker program is for adults who are receiving or eligible for unemployment benefits.
- Work with a certified employment coach.
- Create an employment action plan.
- Explore careers that fit your skills and interests.
- Create a professional resume.
- Gain interview skills.
- Job seeker workshops.
- Community Career Labs
- Funding for short-term job training (based on eligibility).
- Personalized guidance and support.
- Skills to look for and secure work.
- Customized job leads and referrals.
- A staffed office with computers, job leads and resources for you to use.
- On-site hiring events.