Report child abuse or neglect
If a child is in immediate danger, call 911.
Report suspected child maltreatment
- You can report suspected child maltreatment 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Call Child Protective Services at 651-266-4500.
- Fill out and mail, email or fax a written child abuse report (PDF).
- Call even if you are not sure whether or not to make a report, and a child protection social worker will assist you.
- Must report suspected child maltreatment over the phone within 24 hours.
- Must submit a written report within 72 hours.
Ramsey County investigates and assesses situations when a child's health or welfare may be at risk due to abuse, neglect or maltreatment. Child Protective Services may be provided to assure the safety of the child.
If out-of-home placement is necessary, due to significant and ongoing safety issues, work will continue with the parents toward returning the child home as soon as it is safe to do so. In cases when a safe return to the parents' home is not possible, alternative, permanent options are identified, which could include transfer of legal custody or adoption.