Vote by Mail or Return Your Ballot
All voters can vote early in Minnesota. You do not need to provide a reason to vote by mail. You can request your ballot now for the general election.
First, register to vote or check your registration status on the Minnesota Secretary of State website.
You can submit a paper absentee ballot application (PDF):
- By mail: PO Box 64098, Saint Paul, MN 55164.
- Email [email protected].
- Fax: 651-266-2177.
- In person at the Plato Building.
For additional languages or formats, call 1-877-600-8683.
Receiving your ballot
- If you apply before absentee voting begins, your ballot will be mailed to you 46 days prior to the election.
- If you apply within 46 days of the election, you may track when your application is processed and ballot is mailed.
Return your ballot
Voters can return a ballot by mail or in person.
Return by mail
Mail your ballot back in the pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope that was provided with your ballot materials. You can return your ballot using your home post office or any location USPS serves.
- Ballots must be received by Ramsey County Elections Office by Nov. 2, 2021 to be counted.
- In Minnesota, mail generally arrives in 1-3 days.
- Outside Minnesota, mail generally arrives in 3-10 days.
- Ballots may also be returned via express delivery service and must be received by Ramsey County Elections Office by 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 2.
Return in person
Ballots may be returned in person weekdays beginning Sept. 17 to any of the locations listed below. Locations are open through Nov. 1. Voters may use any location regardless of home address. All ballots should be returned inside the building where an election judge will verify the voter information is complete and the ballot will be accepted. Ballots should not be placed in any document drop boxes or payment boxes at these locations.
- Ramsey County Elections Office - Plato Building: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Ramsey County Government Center East (downtown Saint Paul): 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Arlington Hills Community Center: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Frogtown Community Center: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Ramsey County Library – Roseville: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Ramsey County Library – Maplewood: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Ramsey County Library – Shoreview: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Ramsey County Library – White Bear Lake:
- Monday, Thursday & Friday: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Tuesday & Wednesday: 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Returning your ballot on Election Day
On Election Day, Nov. 2, you may return your ballot in person to Ramsey County Elections Office by 3 p.m.