Vote by Mail or Return Your Ballot
All voters can vote early in Minnesota. You do not need to provide a reason to vote by mail.
First, register to vote or check your registration status on the Minnesota Secretary of State website.
When there is an election in your area, you can submit an absentee application for all elections throughout the year:
- By mail: PO Box 64098, Saint Paul, MN 55164.
- Email [email protected].
- Fax: 651-266-2177.
- In person at the Plato Building.
For additional languages or formats, call 1-877-600-8683.
Return by mail
Mail your ballot back in the pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope that was provided with your ballot materials. You can return your ballot using your home post office or any location USPS serves.
- Ensure a witness has completed the witness portion.
- Ballots must be received by Ramsey County Elections Office, in the Plato Building, by Election Day to be counted.
- In Minnesota, mail generally arrives in 1-3 days.
- Outside Minnesota, mail generally arrives in 3-10 days.
- Ballots may also be returned via express delivery service and must be received by the Ramsey County Elections Office, in the Plato Building by 8 p.m. on Election Day.
Return in person
For each election, absentee ballots may be returned to designated, staffed ballot return locations throughout the absentee voting period.
- Ramsey County voters may visit any location regardless of home address.
- All ballots should be returned inside the building where an election judge will verify the voter information is complete before it is retained in county custody.
- Do not place your ballot in any document drop boxes or payment boxes at ballot return locations - it will not be counted.