Ramsey County is responsible for the operation and maintenance of a stormwater conveyance system associated with its roads, buildings, and parks and open space property. You can help to maintain the stormwater system by preventing or reporting illicit discharge.
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) under the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit regulates the county’s Stormwater System. Requirements under this permit include:
- Adoption of a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program (SWPPP).
- Regular inspections and maintenance of the county’s MS4.
- Public education and participation with water quality partners.
- Management of construction stormwater run-off on county road maintenance projects.
- Construction of Best Management Practices (BMPs) to improve water quality.
- Annual reporting of the county’s efforts to comply with the MS4 Permit.