Rice Creek North Regional Trail Master Plan
Ramsey County Parks & Recreation will amend the 2013 Rice Creek North Regional Trail Master Plan in 2019. The county launched a public engagement process in June 2018 to develop an updated master plan for the trail. The master plan process will study possible development opportunities and boundary adjustments.
Rice Creek North Regional Trail is four miles long and surrounded by 534 acres of park land in northwestern Ramsey County.
- Examine the entire Rice Creek North Trail corridor for future recreational development or programming opportunities.
- Provide universally accessible facilities in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Use sustainable design elements in building and site design that are energy and water efficient and provide enhanced storm water management.
- Facilitate public involvement in the conceptual design and master planning process.
Ramsey County Parks & Recreation invited the public to review and comment on the graphic plan and draft master plan for the Rice Creek Regional Trail Master Plan Amendment. These documents were each available for a period of 30 days to gather additional input and feedback. The draft concept was a result of the public engagement process including five public meetings, two online surveys, engagement with other local agencies and user groups, and other comments received.
Previous community engagement meetings
- Thursday, December 6, 2018, 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thursday, November 8, 2018, 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 6 p.m - view concept plans (PDF)
- Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 6 p.m. - meeting materials (PDF)