Beaver Lake County Park Master Plan
Ramsey County is preparing a new redevelopment plan for Beaver Lake County Park. Extensive community engagement was conducted to determine infrastructure improvements and new recreational activities.
Overall project goal and objectives
Create a new county park redevelopment plan based on the project objectives and the county's vision, mission and goals in order to apply uniform standards and amenities for natural resource, infrastructure, recreation and programming improvements to ensure high quality community spaces and experiences.
- Plan and facilitate a public involvement process with meaningful engagement.
- Obtain feedback from people living in the neighborhood surrounding Beaver Lake County Park with an emphasis on obtaining feedback from people of color.
- Provide recreational facilities and amenities that represent the needs and wants of the neighborhood community.
- Provide high quality community spaces that promote an enriched culture for all people, ages and abilities.
- Provide recreational facilities and amenities that complement the natural resource base.
- Incorporate sustainability and green infrastructure for long-term resiliency.
Beaver Lake County Park project video
Pop-up events and community meetings were held virtually and within the park. Feedback from the community will help determine park infrastructure improvements and new recreational opportunities.
Previous community engagement events
- Roosevelt Homes Pop-up – October 14, 2020.
- Supermercado LomaBonita Pop-up – October 11, 2020.
- Maplewood Cub Foods Pop-up – October 10, 2020.
- Beaver Lake County Park Pop-up – September 24, 2020.
- Hmong Village Shopping Center Pop-up – September 12, 2020.
- Clarence Street Aldi Pop-up – September 9, 2020.
- Beaver Lake County Park Pop-up – July 25, 2020.
- Beaver Lake County Park Pop-up – July 16, 2020.
30-day public review
Preferred master plan concepts for Beaver Lake County Park were available for review and comment on through December 10, 2020.
- Fall 2021 - 2022:
- Schematic design.
- Preliminary design (20% –30%).
- Cost estimate.
- Seek additional funding: 2022 - 2023.
- Complete design and construction:
- Time/Schedule (TBD) – Dependent on funding.
- Complete design and construction plans.
- Additional engagement for specific design elements.
- Construction of park improvements.