Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County
The Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County (WIB) is founded on the belief that everyone who wants to work deserves the dignity of having career choices. We are the catalyst in Ramsey County that helps meet the needs of employers and job seekers. We are committed to:
- building meaningful partnerships
- identifying emerging workforce needs
- maintaining economic health in our county
Working in partnership with the City of Saint Paul, the WIB harnesses the collaborative power of business, government, economic development, education and the community to develop strategic solutions for workforce challenges in Ramsey County. The WIB is one of 16 legislatively mandated Workforce Boards in Minnesota.
The WIB sets strategic direction and provides local oversight for CareerForce, Minnesota’s public workforce system. Workforce services are offered by Ramsey County Workforce Solutions, the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED), and a network of dedicated partner organizations.
The WIB exists to:
- Preserve the economic health of Ramsey County.
- Identify workforce issues and needs.
- Build partnerships to serve the needs of businesses and job seekers.
- Oversee publicly funded workforce programs in Ramsey County.
The Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County is the catalyst for comprehensive workforce development strategies that address both employer and job seeker needs.