Food & Vending

Contact us

Ramsey County inspects and licenses all food establishments, except those located in Saint Paul and Maplewood. This includes establishments providing both permanent and temporary food services.

The following types of establishments need a food license to operate in Ramsey County (these are examples and not an all inclusive list).

  • Restaurant, bars, supper clubs.
  • Assisted living facilities.
  • Bed and breakfasts.
  • Catering kitchens and commissaries.
  • Grocery stores, convenience stores and delicatessens.
  • Public and private school kitchens and daycares.
  • Cafeterias, snack bars, vending machines.

License requirements

Pay license fees

Temporary food service establishments

Mobile food units and food carts

MDA licensed mobile retail food handlers

Food manager certification courses

Reporting an illness or complaint

Food safety