Healthy People, Communities and Environments in Ramsey County
Saint Paul – Ramsey County Public Health provides a range of services as it carries out its mission to protect and improve the health of people and the environment in Ramsey County. Through federal and state mandates, the department works to:
- Prevent the spread of disease.
- Protect against environmental hazards.
- Prevent injuries.
- Promote and encourage healthy behaviors.
- Plan and respond to health emergencies.
- Ensure the quality and accessibility of health services.
Saint Paul – Ramsey County is one of the largest local public health departments in Minnesota, serving Saint Paul and all other cities in Ramsey County. The department traces its origins to the appointment of the first public health officer by the city of Saint Paul in 1854. Saint Paul and Ramsey County’s previously separate public health departments merged in 1997 through a joint powers agreement.
- Strategic framework (Mission, Vision and Values) (PDF)
- Organizational chart (PDF)
- Department plans
- Public health data
- Public health news releases
- Public health awards
- Public health initiatives
- Current public health issues
- Public health programs & services (PDF)
- College student internships
Community members provide input on public health issues through the: