Radon is a naturally-occurring, radioactive gas. It is odorless, tasteless and invisible. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), radon is the nation’s second leading cause of lung cancer. The Minnesota Department of Health recommends every home be tested for radon.
Radon may enter a home anywhere there is an opening between the home and the soil. These openings include cracks in the foundation, floor drains and sumps. The levels of radon that can build up indoors vary according to the amount of radon in the source material and its rate of entry into the building.
Test for radon
The only way to know the radon level in your home is to test. Testing is easy and inexpensive. You can purchase a radon test kit at many retail stores or order one from us. It is accurate and will give you the information you need to determine the level of radon in your home. Radon Detector order form (PDF)
- Short-term radon test - $2.
This test uses activated carbon, which is then analyzed at a laboratory. It gives a "snapshot" of your home's radon level.