College Student Internships
Saint Paul – Ramsey County Public Health is committed to providing college students exposure to professional careers in public health. Our department welcomes student interns in several divisions, depending on capacity and need. Please check our organizational chart which includes a short description of each program area to learn about what we do and whether there is a division that matches your interests.
Our internships are a great opportunity to learn more about a career in public health, potentially earn college credit, and build a professional network. They provide:
- Exposure to the cross-cutting work of a nationally accredited local public health department in a diverse, urban setting;
- Opportunities to learn from award-winning public health professionals and strengthen community partnerships;
- Real world resume-building experience supporting daily office functions, special projects and initiatives.
We are committed to advancing opportunities for underrepresented students with diverse backgrounds. We encourage students who have lived experiences related to public health and the Social Determinants of Health to apply.
Saint – Paul Ramsey County Public Health’s Environmental Health Division has an opening for a paid summer internship.
The following items are needed to apply:
- A letter of interest.
- A completed Ramsey County Employment Application.(PDF)
- College transcript with current courses – unofficial.
To be considered for this internship, please send items by Friday, May 10, 2019 to John Springman via email at email@example.com
Interns must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution, be at least 18 years of age, pass a personal history and criminal background investigation, and meet the physical requirements reasonably appropriate to the assignment. Additional requirements are provided in the individual internship descriptions.
How to apply
- Send a cover letter and resume with 'Internship' in the subject line to the email address listed in internship posting you are interested in.
- You will be contacted by phone or email if more information is needed or you are selected for an interview.