Social Services

Contact us

Social Services provides protection and support services for children and adults who are vulnerable or who need mental or chemical health services. Adult Services include Adult Protection, Disability Services, and Mental and Chemical Health services. Children and Family Services include Child Protection, Children’s Mental Health, Truancy and Runaway Intervention, Foster Care and Child Care Licensing, and Adoption services. 

Information about the Dec. 11, 2018 notice of an information security incident potentially affecting social services clients.


Do you want to make a difference in the community? The Social Services and Financial Assistance Services departments rely on citizen input on policies, programs, and services that it delivers.

If you’re interested in getting involved, view volunteer opportunities.


In the Loop, the newsletter for Social Services volunteers, is distributed monthly.

Subscribe to In the Loop

Claiming reimbursements

To claim reimbursements for mileage, parking or bus fares, you must complete and sign the forms below. Please allow up to eight weeks for processing. You may mail forms to our address listed below, email Volunteer Services or fax them to 651-266-4439.

Civil Rights Plan and Complaint Procedure

Social Services is responsible for providing services to assist and support Minnesota’s most vulnerable individuals and families so they can meet their basic needs and be treated with respect and dignity. Ramsey County’s Civil Rights Plan and Complaint Procedure ensure that all eligible individuals receive equal access to program services and information.

Civil Rights Plan and Complaint Procedure (PDF)