Advisory Boards & Committees
Serving on a Ramsey County advisory board is a great way to get involved with your local government and make a positive impact on your community. The board of commissioners appoint residents to serve in these important roles that help shape policy, review programs and plans, and represent families and residents in Ramsey County.
- Be a Ramsey County resident
- Reside in a district that is currently vacant
- Cannot serve on more than one board and one committee at a time
How to apply
Applications for advisory boards with current openings are now being accepted online. Ramsey County has updated the application and review process for this year's current openings. If you have already submitted an application before March 15, 2021, you do not have to re-submit the new application. A staff member may be contacting you for additional and follow-up information if needed. If you are an incumbent, and your term is expiring, you must apply. Please check with the Chief Clerk's office regarding term limits before applying. Thank you for your interest and patience.
- 13 vacancies in districts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and at-large
- Applications due May 7
- 5 vacancies in districts 1, 3, 5, 6 and at-large
- Applications due April 23
- Applications are submitted by the designated deadline.
- Chief Clerk's office screens all applicants to ensure all eligibility criteria are met.
- Review team meets to review and select top applicants.
- Top applicants are recommended to the Board to further and review.
- Board appoints their selected applicants for each vacancy at the Board meeting.