Advisory Boards & Committees
Serving on a Ramsey County advisory board is a great way to get involved with your local government and make a positive impact on your community. The Board of Commissioners appoint residents to serve in these important roles that help shape policy, review programs and plans, and represent families and residents in Ramsey County.
- Must be a Ramsey County resident.
- Must be at least 18 years old or be able to obtain parental/guardian consent.
- Cannot serve on more than one board or committee at a time.
- Complete the application for your intended advisory board (one application per board/committee).
- Once the application closes, you will be contacted via email to schedule a 10-minute interview with an interview panel consisting of three Ramsey County commissioners.
- A follow-up email will notify you of potential appointment if selected.
Community Health Services Advisory Committee (JOINT)
Ramsey County Library Advisory Board
- 2 vacancies
- Only residents in District 1 (Arden Hills, Gem Lake, Mounds View, North Oaks, Shoreview, Vadnais Heights, White Bear Township, and parts of Spring Lake Park and Blaine) are eligible to apply.
- Only residents in District 3 (Falcon Heights and Saint Paul neighborhoods of Payne/Phalen, North End/South Como, Como Park, Frogtown, Hamline-Midway and St. Anthony Park) are eligible to apply.
- Learn more and apply. For questions about the Ramsey County Library Advisory Board, please contact Margaret Soukup.
Ramsey-Washington Metro Watershed District
- 1 vacancy
- Only residents living in Gem Lake, Little Canada, Maplewood, North St. Paul, Roseville, Saint Paul, Shoreview, Vadnais Heights and White Bear Lake are eligible to apply.
- Learn more and apply. For questions about the Rice Creek Watershed District, please contact Tina Carstens.
Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County (WIB)
- WIB follows a separate eligibility and application process.
- Learn more and apply. For questions regarding the WIB, please contact Rebecca Millbrandt.
For questions regarding advisory boards and committees, please email [email protected] or call 651-266-9200.