Medical Reserve Corps
The Medical Reserve Corps of Ramsey County (RCMRC) is a countywide resource of health professionals and other volunteers who strengthen our community by preparing for and responding to public health and related emergencies. If you are interested in helping your community during the COVID-19 pandemic, now is the time to sign up.
Who should volunteer
Anyone interested in helping their community during a public health emergency. A background in the field of health is helpful, it is not required. Everyone has an important skill to offer, and we are looking for:
- Doctors, nurses, physician’s assistants, EMTs and other health professionals with active licensure (NOT considered high risk for COVID-19)
- Citizens with health or public health skills
- Multilingual volunteers
- Those experienced with special needs populations
- Community leaders
- Retirees and students
- Complete the Medical Reserve Corps online application.
- Once you apply, a county staff member will contact you.
If you don’t live in Ramsey County, but are still interested in joining a local Medical Reserve Corps unit, visit Medical Reserve Corps and search for a unit near you.
A background check will be conducted at no cost to the applicants and volunteers are required to complete orientation. Ramsey County MRC volunteers may be called at any time for a public health emergency, they always have the choice to respond or not.
Depending on the emergency, volunteers may:
- Work in mass dispensing or vaccination clinics
- Support epidemiologists in case or contact investigation
- Serve as supplemental staff at a temporary offsite care facility
- Provide expert information to residents via phone
If you have questions about volunteering or the sign up process, please email us at email@example.com.