Strategic Priorities for a Vibrant Community
The Ramsey County 2019 Strategic Plan outlines a set of strategic priorities aligned with the county’s vision for a vibrant community where all are valued and thrive. The strategic priorities and associated action plans include work built upon previous years’ priorities and new areas of focus for 2019, all of which combined, further the county’s four goals to strengthen well-being, cultivate prosperity, enhance opportunity, and model accountability.
The 2019 Strategic Plan is a fully integrated component of the biennial budget and performance measurement process and is the third strategic plan update and biennial budget process since the County Manager announced the realignment of the organization from departments into service teams in 2015. The realignment has allowed the county to leverage the collaborative power of service teams to accelerate and expand the organization’s ability to achieve successful outcomes.
In January 2019, during a strategic planning board workshop, the Ramsey County Board of Commissioners provided feedback on eight refocused and realigned strategic priorities in 2018 and reaffirmed the county's vision, mission and goals. The Strategic Plan will set the stage for countywide strategic investment conversations in 2019 and beyond, strengthening the interconnections between strategy, planning, implementation, funding and evaluation.
- Residents First: Effective, Efficient and Accessible Operations
- Advancing Racial and Health Equity in All Decision-Making
- Inclusive, Effective and Meaningful Community Engagement
- Integrated Approach to Health, Wellness and Justice
- Advancing a Holistic Approach to Strengthen Youth and Families
- Comprehensive Economic Development to Build Prosperity
- Stability Starts with a Place to Call Home
- Talent Attraction, Retention and Promotion