Family Home Visiting
Family home visiting is dedicated to the well-being of pregnant women and families with young children. Our home visiting services, and other programs, help families raise healthy children who are ready to succeed in school and in life. The staff are highly skilled and experienced in supporting families like yours. We respect all cultural backgrounds. We will support your relationship with your children and connect you with resources based on your family’s specific needs.
Family home visiting supports parents to give their baby the best start possible. A Public Health Nurse will visit you at home or another place you choose during your pregnancy and after your baby is born. Your nurse will offer helpful information and support as you develop new skills as a parent.
The importance of home visiting
- All new parents can use some extra support.
- A new baby means many changes for a family.
- Babies learn so much in their first three years of life.
- Parents are their baby’s first and most important teachers.
- Parents want current information on how babies grow, change and develop.
- We come to you.
Your nurse can help you
- Care for yourself during pregnancy.
- Prepare for the birth of your child.
- Promote your baby’s health and well-being.
- Know if your child is growing and developing well.
- Create a safe home for your child.
- Find healthcare, childcare, school/job options and other helpful services in the community.
- Reach goals you want in your life.
If you are interested in a home visit from a Public Health nurse, there are a variety of ways to get started:
- Call us at 651-266-1568.
- Ask your doctor to let us know.
- If you go to WIC, the WIC staff can refer you.