Service alert - COVID-19
Off-leash dog areas are open. Portable toilets and trash cans are provided. Restrooms are open at high-traffic park locations and cleaned daily. Portable toilets are available where restrooms have not reopened yet. Drinking fountains remain off.
Off-leash dog areas (dog parks) provide an opportunity for dogs to exercise and socialize free of restraints. Ramsey County offers four dog parks throughout the parks system.
Several dog parks have designated hours for small dogs under 35 pounds. Service dogs, regardless of size, are allowed in all dog parks at all times, including designated small dog hours.
- Dogs must be leashed before entering and when leaving the park.
- Owners are legally and financially responsible for the actions of their dogs.
- All dogs must be licensed and vaccinated.
- No female dogs in heat or puppies under four months old are allowed.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs using plastic bags and provided trash containers.
- Dogs must be in sight and under verbal control at all times. No digging holes.
- No aggressive dogs allowed. Aggressive dogs must be leashed and removed from the park immediately by their owners.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult, and should be educated about safe behavior around dogs (no running, screaming, food, etc.).