Go walking, biking, mountain biking or cross-country skiing on winding trails through natural areas that offer a spectacular look at Ramsey County's diverse landscape.
Ramsey County manages six regional trails within the Metropolitan Council's Regional Recreation Open Space System, as well as several miles of trails located within parks.
Battle Creek Regional Park: Metropolitan Council Environmental Services is working on a rehabilitation project for the Battle Creek regional sewer (interceptor) system. Construction is anticipated to last through fall 2021, and will include trail closures and detours at Battle Creek Regional Park. For more information, including a detour map, please visit the project page.
All trail maps are available in PDF format.
- Birch Lake Regional Trail
- Bruce Vento Regional Trail
- Highway 96 Regional Trail
- Rice Creek North Regional Trail
- Rice Creek West Regional Trail
- Trout Brook Regional Trail
- Tamarack Nature Center - Walking and hiking only; pets and bicycles not permitted on trails within the center.
- Battle Creek Regional Park
- Northeast trails
- Central Lakes trails
- McCarrons, Trout Brook and Reservoir Woods trails
- Keller and Lake Phalen trails
- Pedestrian Plan Map
- Bike Plan Map
- Be courteous to others.
- Observe directional signs and speed limits where posted.
- Trail and park hours are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes past sunset.
- No motor vehicles on trails.
- Pets on trails must be leashed at all times. Owners must clean up after their pets.
- Bikers must yield to pedestrians.
- Bikers should pass on the left and announce their approach.
- Bikes are allowed on paved trails only.
- Mountain biking on designated trails only.