A federal government shutdown will not immediately impact any Ramsey County services.
Mountain Biking Trails
In partnership with the Minnesota Off-Road Cyclists, Ramsey County Parks & Recreation developed a trail system in the western section of Battle Creek Regional Park that includes 3.3 miles of multi-use trails and 4.5 miles of single track mountain bike trails.
Minnesota Off-Road Cyclists provides a forum with updated trail conditions on their website.
- Battle Creek Regional Park has the only authorized mountain bike trail in the Ramsey County park system. It is illegal to ride off-trail in any other Ramsey County park or open space.
- All park rules and ordinances apply on mountain bike trails, including:
- 13. Bicycles
- Bicyclists must operate bicycles in a safe manner at all times, staying as close to the right-hand side of the trail as safe conditions allow.
- Bicyclists and off-road cyclists must yield to pedestrians and pass with care.
- Bicycles must be operated only on paved trails, except for designated off-road biking trails.
- Bicyclists must follow all Minnesota State Statutes regarding bicycles.
- Electric bicycles are allowed on paved trails, and must be operated safely at speeds below 20 mph.
- 13. Bicycles
- Trail hours are 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Ride only on marked trails.
- Observe one-way arrows, do not enter signs and trail closed signs.
- Yield to pedestrians.
- Control your speed and pass with care.
- Maintain a safe distance when following another biker.
- Keep environmental impact to a minimum.
- Stay off wet or snow-covered trails.
- Wear a helmet.
- Respect wildlife.
- Constructing new trails is illegal. Notify Ramsey County Parks & Recreation of any trail maintenance issues.
- No races.