Field Trip Reservations and Policies
If you are looking for quality out-of-the-classroom learning experiences, we offer a year-round standards-based curriculum that provide opportunities for extending and deepening students' understanding of the natural world.
Scheduling process and policies
Interested in bringing your class to Tamarack Nature Center? Please review the following policies and information prior to making a reservation.
Reservations will be accepted via email beginning Wednesday, August 21, 2019 for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year. Group programs are offered on Mondays and Tuesdays between the hours of 9:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Programs are generally up to two hours in length.
Email your request to Tamarack Nature Center.
Please include the following information:
- Requested program.
- First and second preferred weeks.
- Grade and number of students.
- Earliest arrival time and latest departure time.
- If you would like to have lunch on the lawn and/or time in Discovery Hollow Nature Play Area.
- Any specific group needs or considerations.
Confirmation and communication
Booking conformation emails will be sent out beginning the week of August 26, 2019. Please carefully review all details and make sure all information is correct. Before your program, you will receive an email containing the program schedule, chaperone letter and reminders for your visit.
Final count and cancellations
Cancellations and adjustments to final numbers must be made at least two weeks in advance of your visit by calling 651-407-5350. After that time, no adjustments may be made. Groups cancelling less than two weeks prior to program date will be assessed a $25 processing fee.
All reservations must be paid in full two weeks prior to program date. Accepted payment types are cash, check, Visa, Discover, American Express or MasterCard.
Tamarack Nature Center requires at least one chaperone for every 12 students. Chaperones must stay with their students at all times and are responsible for students conduct and behavior. A chaperone information letter with helpful tips and tricks will be provided to assist with preparing for your visit. There are no program fees for chaperones, however, equipment rental rates apply.
The following field trip fees are applicable for 2019:
- Elementary schools: $66 for up to 12 students.
Additional students: $5.50 each.
- Preschool groups: $72 for up to 12 students.
Additional students: $6 each.
- Equipment rental (select programs).
Cross-country skis or snowshoes: $7 per person.
Schedule your class for three or more programs in a year during initial booking and receive a 10 percent discount on total program fees!
To help make your visit run smoothly, please follow these suggestions:
- Children should be dressed in appropriate gear for outdoor fun, rain or shine!
- Have students wear name tags (first name only) on their jackets. This helps staff create a personal approach.
- Send at least one chaperone per 12 students. Children are more engaged when chaperones actively participate in the activities; please remind chaperones to dress for outdoor fun as well.
- Let us know if any students have special needs. We look forward to creating a positive experience for children and can accommodate most concerns with advanced notice.
- Let us know if your group has a change in the number of students attending at least two weeks prior to your visit. Staffing is based on the number of students in your group.
- We love hearing about your students’ experiences. Please plan to share your experiences with us by completing a short evaluation form provided to you on the day of your program.
- Outdoor lawn space is available for lunch or snack time. Storage space for non-refrigerated lunches is also available, please inquire when you register. Indoor lunch or snack space cannot be accommodated.