Reducing Revocations Challenge
Ramsey County Community Corrections and the Robina Institute are partnering on the Reducing Revocations Challenge, a national initiative of Arnold Ventures and the CUNY Institute for State and Local Governance.
The project seeks to understand the drivers of probation revocations and identify ways to reduce them.
Workgroups being formed
Community members are being recruited for the Reducing Revocations Challenge. Several workgroups will be formed to:
- Develop ways to reduce the number of people on probation.
- Build coordination across Ramsey County departments and with community-led organizations to support client social and basic needs.
- Develop guidelines that reduce the use and duration of incarceration.
Ramsey County residents from diverse racial, ethnic, ability/disability, gender, sexual orientation, and religious backgrounds are encouraged to participate. Additionally, we are looking for residents with these backgrounds:
- Age 18 and older, with personal experience on probation.
- Preference will be given to those with Ramsey County Community Corrections probation experience.
Expected time commitment:
- Two in-person meetings a month, 1-2 hours each.
- Community members will receive $25 an hour in the form of a VISA gift card for each meeting.
Workgroup flyer (pdf)