Maplewood Properties Site Planning
Ramsey County and the City of Maplewood are working together to plan for potential future development at the 88-acre The Ponds at Battle Creek site currently owned by Ramsey County and operated as a golf course and a 77-acre undeveloped parcel just north of the Ramsey County Correctional Facility.
Request for developer interest
On August 16, 2021, Ramsey County issued a Request for Developer Interest for each of the properties. Developers intending to submit a proposal are asked to notify the county by email by September 20.
Community engagement led by the City of Maplewood was held from November 2020 through Spring 2021:
- Nov. 19, 2020: Community/Stakeholder Meeting #1 (Presentation).
- Jan. 2021: Small group, stakeholder meetings.
- Jan. 27, 2021: Community/Stakeholder Meeting #2 (Video | Presentation)
- Feb. 22: Project Update by Perkins & Will to Maplewood City Council. (Presentation)
- March 10, 2021: Community/Stakeholder Meeting #3. 4 - 6 p.m. (Video | Presentation)
- May 11, 2021: Project Update by Perkins & Will to Ramsey County Board (Video | Presentation (PDF)
- June 14, 2021: Project Update #2 by Perkins & Will to Maplewood City Council (Video)
- Final report by Perkins & Will (Report)