Since 1988, Mothers First has helped pregnant women have sober pregnancies and assisted mothers with young children struggling with substance abuse.
Mothers First provides families with prenatal, nursing, chemical health and case management services.
Women needing services can self-refer or be referred by friends, family or correctional and medical professionals.
Make a referral by calling 651-266-4111.
Who we serve
Mothers First serves women living in Ramsey County who:
- Are pregnant and/or have custody of their minor children.
- Are in, recently out of, or want to get into substance abuse treatment.
- Chemical health and individual assessments.
- Referrals to treatment.
- Individual substance abuse counseling.
- Prenatal and postpartum support.
- Education and preparation for labor and delivery.
- Medical, dental and mental health screenings.
- Access to limited housing.
- Referrals to age-appropriate children’s programming.
- Referrals to parenting assessments and programs.
- Assistance with accessing social services.
- Support through the court process.
Contact Mothers First if you know a woman who is pregnant, using alcohol or other drugs, and needs support.