Mothers First provides support to families for sober pregnancies and assists women/birthing persons struggling with substance use. We focus on meeting participants where they are and support them as they define their own success.
The Mothers First staff is a diverse interdisciplinary team that includes a licensed alcohol and drug counselor, public health nurse, mental health practitioner and certified peer recovery specialist.
Make a referral by filling out the form below or by calling 651-266-4111.
We serve women who are currently:
- Living in Ramsey County.
- Pregnant and/or parenting a child under the age of 1.
- Motivated to begin a treatment program, currently in a program or have recently successfully completed a program and maintaining sobriety.
Substance use support
- Substance use assessment.
- Treatment program referrals (inpatient and outpatient).
- Individual counseling and support.
Pregnancy and parenting support
- Perinatal support.
- Referrals to age-appropriate children’s programing.
- Referrals to parenting assessments and programming.
Health support and advocacy
- Birthing education.
- Certified Peer Recovery Specialist support.
- Mental health screening and referral for mental health assessments and services.
- Referrals to community resources.
Donate diapers to the Mothers First diaper bank
Diapers can cost $70-80 per baby each month. One in three families struggles to afford this. Mothers First is creating a diaper bank to fill Ramsey County families’ urgent need for diapers through donations from the community.
Drop off diaper donations year-round.