Transportation - Ramsey County 2040
Roads and highways
- Implement the county’s “All Abilities Transportation Network” Policy.
- Transportation and land use planning should be linked to ensure development designs that are favorable to transit ridership.
- Collaborate with municipalities on service delivery, right of way and access management issues.
- Planned capacity expansion of I-94, I-35W and Highway 36 by MnDOT.
- Reclassify Lexington Parkway to a Class A Minor Arterial and extend road to Shepard Road in partnership with the City of Saint Paul.
Transit, biking and walking
- Riverview Corridor, a modern streetcar line between Mall of America, the Airport and Downtown Saint Paul, will be in operation.
- Rush Line, a bus rapid transit line between Downtown Saint Paul and White Bear Lake, will be in operation.
- Gold Line, a bus rapid transit line between Downtown Saint Paul and Woodbury, will be in operation.
- The B Line, an arterial rapid bus line, between Saint Paul’s Midway and Minneapolis’ Uptown neighborhoods will be in operation.
- Encourage additional service at the Union Depot, including a second daily Amtrak trip to Chicago.
- Prioritize multi-modal transportation, including bicycling and walking.
- Trails will be coordinated at municipal, local, regional and state levels in order to form a comprehensive, All-Abilities system.