Management & Disposal
If your business generates hazardous waste, you must obtain a license and properly dispose of your hazardous waste.
The hazardous waste management list (PDF) provides information on businesses in the Twin Cities area that dispose or recycle hazardous waste. It is for informational purposes only. It is not an endorsement of any of the businesses identified nor does the county claim that the list is complete.
Ramsey County’s VSQG collection program
Very Small Quantity Generators (VSQGs) are allowed to deliver their own waste in their own vehicle to a licensed VSQG collection program. This allows eligible participants to regularly dispose of small quantities of waste rather than accumulate it over a long time period. Although program participants pay disposal charges, the program is intended to provide a convenient, cost-effective disposal option.
- Must be located in Ramsey County.
- Must be currently licensed or in the process of being licensed as a VSQG or one-time generator.
Examples of acceptable waste
- Fluorescent lamps & ballasts.
- Lab pack wastes (corrosives, poisons, pesticides, flammables).
- Latex and oil based paints.
- Vehicle fluids, like fuels, antifreeze, used oil and related wastes.
|Collection Site||Days & Hours|
December - March
Friday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
|Closed: Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.|