Ramsey County offers a variety of internship opportunities for students to enhance their academic studies with real world experience. Through internship placements, students receive relevant training while providing valuable public service to the community.
To qualify for an internship, candidates must be enrolled in a post-secondary, graduate-level or practicum program in coursework relevant to the duties of the internship.
Internships may be part-time or full-time. Some college programs require a minimum amount of hours in order for a student to earn college credits for their internship. Candidates should discuss these requirements with their supervisor prior to starting.
Internships may be paid or unpaid; many positions are unpaid and all are non-benefit earning. Work locations vary by position.
Current internship openings
The following internship opportunities are currently available with Ramsey County
Public safety and corrections
Ramsey County Attorney's Office
Ramsey County Sheriff's Office
- Research and Evaluation Internship
- Bachelor of Social Work: Child Protection-Intake
- Bachelor of Social Work: Community Alternatives for People with Physical Disabilities (CADI)
- Master of Social Work: Child Protection-Intake
- Master of Social Work: Child Protection-Case Management
- Master of Social Work: Adult Mental Health-Welcome Center (Mental Health Center)
- Master of Social Work: Ramsey County Mental Health Court
- Doctorate Psychology Internship: Mental Health Center
- Psychology Internship: Mental Health Center
- Psychology Internship: Personalized Recovery Services
- Psychology Internship: Rule 79 Targeted Case Management