Ramsey County offers a variety of internship opportunities for students to enhance their academic studies with real world experience. Through internship placements, students receive relevant training while providing valuable public service to the community.
To qualify for an internship, candidates must be enrolled in a post-secondary, graduate-level or practicum program in coursework relevant to the duties of the internship.
Internships may be part-time or full-time. Some college programs require a minimum amount of hours in order for a student to earn college credits for their internship. Candidates should discuss these requirements with their supervisor prior to starting.
Internships may be paid or unpaid; many positions are unpaid and all are non-benefit earning. Work locations vary by position.
Current internship openings
The following internship opportunities are currently available with Ramsey County
Ramsey County Attorney's Office
Ramsey County Sheriff's Office
- Bachelor of Social Work: Child Protection-Intake
- Bachelor of Social Work: Child Protection-Case Management
- Bachelor of Social Work: Fostering Connections and SELF
- Master of Social Work: Child Protection-Intake
- Master of Social Work: Child Protection-Case Management
- Master of Social Work: Ramsey County Mental Health Court
- Master of Social Work-Clinical: Project ASSIST
- Master of Social Work: Adult Mental Health
- Master of Social Work: Chemical Health - Rule 25 & Detox Social Services
- Master of Social Work: Child Protection-Family Group Decision Making
- Master of Social Work: YEP
- Master of Social Work - (MSW): Children's Mental Health Case Management Project Enhance
- Master of Social Work - Clinical (MSW): Children's Mental Health Initial Response Unit
- Master of Public Policy or Master of Social Work: Disability Services
- Master of Psychology: Detox Center
- Master of Psychology: Children's Mental Health Crisis & Project ASSIST