Housing Stability department
Responsible for administering/coordinating/facilitating supportive services to individuals and families in need of housing and matching them to available housing and supports
- Eviction/Homelessness prevention.
- Unsheltered outreach coordination with a focus on reducing homelessness disparities, especially impacting BIPOC communities.
- Shelter operations and coordination.
- Coordinated entry and placement into supportive and permanent housing.
- Partnering with community-based providers to create housing referrals and placements.
- Intradepartmental and community partnerships to foster wraparound and rapid-rehousing service model.
- Working with partners to create a supportive housing system for placement of individuals and families.
Community & Economic Development department
Responsible for partnering with cities, developers and non-profits to provide affordable housing units to meet the needs of our communities.
- Finance the construction and preservation of affordable housing.
- Invest in affordable housing to increase energy efficiency and the rehabilitation of homes and units.
- Create opportunities for homeownership (e.g. first-time home buyers loan program).
- Assist cities in creating an environment that supports the construction and preservation of affordable housing.
- Develop relationships with municipalities who lead market rate rentals and homeownership.