Ramsey County helps determine your eligibility for financial assistance programs including: emergency, cash, child care, food and health care.
How to apply
Apply for cash assistance, food and child care assistance programs online through MNbenefits.mn.gov. This is the fastest and easiest way to apply for these benefits:
Please submit only one application. Submitting multiple applications through different channels will delay the processing of your application.
Due to high volumes, the current processing of applications and wait times are longer than usual. County staff are working to decrease backlogs and may call after business hours and on weekends to conduct phone interviews. Beginning in March, residents can expect to receive phone calls after 4:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Fax, in-person and email
Residents can also apply for benefits by:
- Faxing applications to 651-266-3942.
- Dropping applications off in a county form drop-off & walk-in assistance site.
- Emailing applications to [email protected].
Ramsey County operates a 24/7 automated EZ Info phone line (651-266-3800) to provide information about financial assistance programs in English, Español, Hmoob and Soomaali.
- Check if documents have been received.
- Access your financial assistance eligibility, program and benefits status.
- Leave messages for your worker and report changes in your situation.