Winter Warming Spaces
Open 6 p.m. to 9 a.m. daily.
Nov.15, 2023 - March 31, 2024.
If you are in need of, or would like to refer someone to a place to warm-up overnight, call 651-266-1050 or email ColdWeatherReferrals@ramseycounty.us. Ramsey County staff are available from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. to help refer people to the nearest warming space or extra available shelter beds. Additional warming space locations will be added as needed.
Please note: Youth ages 14-24 should go to Saint Paul Opportunity Center until Central Baptist Church opens Dec. 4.
Ramsey County staff will operate a free shuttle service every night from 6 p.m. to 9 a.m., ensuring transportation to and from Winter Warming Space locations. People will be able to access this transportation only at the listed locations:
Route #1 shuttle stops (for single adults and couples)
- Saint Paul Opportunity Center
422 Dorothy Day Place
- Safe Space Shelter
160 East Kellogg Blvd.
- Listening House of Saint Paul
421 E 7th St.
- Regions Hospital
640 Jackson St.
Route #2 shuttle stops (for youth and families)
Stops along transportation routes may be added.
- When temperatures reach zero degrees or below and/or when windchill reaches -15 or below, additional local shelter beds or warming spaces may become available. Contact Ramsey County staff at 651-266-1050 or email [email protected] to receive a referral.
- Family shelter staff can be reached via email [email protected] from 7 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
- Additional homeless prevention resources can be found on the Housing Services & Support webpage.