U LEAD: Young Adult Employment Program
U LEAD (Learn, Earn, Attain, Develop) helps young adults, ages 14-24, prepare for future careers by helping them gain skills, confidence and experience in the world of work. U LEAD participants work with employment counselors to reach their education and employment goals. While engaged with U LEAD, young adults can:
- Explore career options.
- Get assistance finishing high school, a GED or college.
- Apply for college and financial aide.
- Learn how to search for and secure a job.
- Get placed in a paid work experience for the summer.
- U LEAD Application (PDF), U LEAD Youth 2018 Summer Employment Flyer (PDF), U LEAD Employer Summer Employment Flyer (PDF)
Ramsey County foster care is a temporary haven for children who cannot live safely in their own homes. The first goal of foster care is to keep children safe while supporting families' efforts to come back together. Most children who enter foster care in Ramsey County do return to their families. When families are not able to reunite, foster parents provide a safe, stable and nurturing home until a relative is found to care for the children. In some cases, foster families may be asked to provide a permanent home.